Coelition is all about People Data. We know that every time an Internet of Things device or system touches a human, it creates Data about People.
We are committed to understanding the aspirations and needs of millions of consumers in the new complex world of digital services and represent their interests with government, technology companies and service providers. We place the citizen at the centre of our thinking and act as advocates for the needs of individual consumers and communities.
- Our infrastructure is built on global, open standards. The technologies we use have been specifically designed to manage Data about People.
- We provide APIs and software development kits that help to seamlessly integrate devices, apps, business processes, data engines, and public/private infrastructure that captures People Data.
- Our members benefit from scalable solutions that are fast to implement, low risk and without vendor lock-in.
- With the right data governance, there is no contradiction between privacy and innovation.
- The Coelition privacy-by-design data ecosystem has a full Privacy Impact Assessment, data governance guidelines, and model privacy notices. It supports the auditable recording of consent.
- Setting a high standard for privacy with your customers, and then delivering on it, builds engagement, reduces friction to sign-up and provides the simplest route to compliance. Our tools and expertise are available off-the-shelf.
- Our technologies maximise the potential for safe use of People Data while minimising the risks.
- Dynamic behavioural data, used in the design of services, are stored separately to directly identifying personal data. This means that all of the data leaving an Internet of Things device is pseudonymised at source.
- Our identity service enables operators, data providers and service providers to safely share fully-interoperable, consented data.
- Our members are building a secure environment for businesses, communities and citizens to share personal data safely. In our fast moving world, individuals can feel that they have lost control of their data. Coelition delivers responsible, transparent innovation.
- Consumers can use our resources to understand clearly how their data will and will not be used. They can rely on Coelition as an independent authority that will uphold their interests.